Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bkk by Bus

Taking a bus in bkk can be both enjoyable and challenging at the same time, very much dependent on the traffic conditions. The buses comes in various colours and sizes, aircon and non-aircon, some with destinations in English some don't.
This morning while taking a bus to work, an old lady tapped my bag and asked me to take the empty seat. I hadn't notice tt seat as I was facing the other direction. Usually, a kind soul who is seated down, will offer to carry your bag for you. Once there was this lady who had this "omg, your bag is so heavy!" look when i passed her my laptop bag. From then on, i don't pass my bag to anyone anymore. This happen the same in Song tel... Really applaud their helpfulness.
Going up the bus, i was surprise by the cleanliness. I hated the non-aircon services, esp when the bus is packed and road is jam. Its really terrible! Although there's always the helpful soul around to help me carry the bag.
I wonder how come thailand ranks so low in the Friendliest Nation award... hmm...

No comments: